Tuesday, July 21, 2026

/re "Avengers: Doomsday trailer" not enough doom

 



 God I hate modern trailer speak, the editing, that Zimmer-like dramatization. I miss the E.S postHumus tracks. Early 2000s trailers were so much more fun. I'm not asking they spell out the whole entire movie plot, but at this point they can't afford to be holding back as to what ppl are paying to watch, not even a little bit.

This isnt Infinity War, they cant afford to play the "stand together" speech type of trailer. 🫡

We are Waaaay past that😭😂 the last thing they need to be doing is be vague. 📌point being: needed more scenes of Doom, more Doom talking, ppl name dropping him-- the reason most ppl are seeing this clusterfuck. They were smart to end it with that thor/doom clash scene, very anime, but we needed more of that throughout. As long as these movies are gonna be, as long as we're made to wait for these trailers. they should have more than enough clips to spare. Even if it's just Vic standing in a room, staring at a fireplace ominously, give us more of something.

But that final clip is genius. Pure GIF bait, pure thumbnail.

I hope this movie and the next one succeeds. But they can't afford to be holding back, not now. We've done the superhero teamups, we know what that looks like. We Don 't need most of the trailer Be people meeting and doing the dramatic trailer photogenic looks---We like Thor, but we need more of the hook that he's talking about in the first place (allegedly Thor is talking about Doom, could be misdirection), even if it's just hearing pieces of his motivation or something from him directly. But I'm so glad they didn't ruin Dooms look, the mask looks great. Hood and everything⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

No comments:

Post a Comment